It was my turn to go to the dentist today. This is not something I look forward to. I always have fears of horrible problems with my teeth that will take time and dollars to fix. I also have an over active gag reflex, so having instruments and fingers in my mouth is a challenge. I have one tooth that is really sensitive to temperature, I only chew on the left side of my mouth to avoid this tooth. And I have a weird thing with my jaw, it pops all the time, occasionally it gets stuck, sometimes hurts. I discovered that my teeth are overall, just fine. The problem tooth is gum recession. Apparently, I brush too hard. I can get it fixed by having gum grafting, if I want. Sounds pleasant! The dentist was entertained by my jaw. Did not have an explanation or a solution. Just thought it was interesting. Had me open and close a lot! He had me move my lower jaw all around. I also discovered that I must clench my jaw while I sleep. I am happy that I do not need any dental work done and all it cost me was $3.50 for the fluoride mouth wash the dentist recommend.
Now I do not have to take any one to the dentist until November.
Today I am thankful for dental insurance and kids old enough to leave at home.
Feb-May 2026
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
I'm glad you survived the dentist. I survived the dentist last week, just barely and it was only a check up and cleaning. I don't like it there. Even if the dentist is nice, and even if they aren't doing anything mean.
Post a Comment