Monday, December 15, 2008

Making Waves!

Thursday night was quite the adventure as Waverly Maris decided to join the family. We enjoyed Madsen's play while contractions came about ten minutes apart. Once home, things rapidly accelerated and we ran out of the house and drove like crazy to the hospital. We were in the hospital for maybe 5 minutes when it was obvious she was on her way out. We went screaming down the hallway and were barely on the bed when she arrived. The doctor did not even make it in the room on time, so we think the nurse who delivered should get a bonus.
I had no intention of ever giving birth without drugs, but it was not as bad as I expected. The pain was immediately gone once she was born. I feel better after her birth than any of the boys. I still have no intention of ever doing this again, seriously this time! She weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She looks a lot like Cannon did when he was fresh, so it will be interesting to see what she ends up looking like. She is a sweet little thing and we have enjoyed all 4 days of her.
The brothers adore her. They came racing down the stairs shouting " Waverly's home, Waverly's home" when we arrived. They fight over who gets to hold her and bring her the things she needs. Cannon is particularly good at bringing her pinkies (pacifiers to the rest of us) They are being really good big brothers. They ask how her day went, like it can be bad sleeping and eating and being held all day! She has been pretty good at night so far too. I hate to jinx this! The first night was a little rough for a couple of hours, but then she slept from 2:00 am to 7:00 am so not too awful. Last night she only woke up once around 3:00 and then around 7:00. I can handle nights like that.

We are loving having her join our family. I believe she will be a force to be reckoned with in no time. And as the cute shirt Aunt Di sent says: And though she be but little, she is fierce!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Laura said...

What an ADORABLE family you have! Rest up. No matter how many kids I have I am always shocked how tiring it is to care for a newborn (or in my case two). Make sure to get your rest. It's amazingly different being a new mom with other active children to care for (as you know). ((HUGS)) Congratulations!

Laura said...

Oh and WOWSERS on giving birth naturally. I guess its nice to say you have done it once (now its over). Mine are c-sections (all but one) so I can attest to terrible recovery's. I don't recommend that method much.

Jen-ben said...

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you! I did the natural thing twice...never again. :) You are amazing!

Di said...

You got the shirt. Cool, huh? That's going to be my standard girl baby gift from now on. I should get one for me, I'm little, right?

swatch = well, we all know what a swatch is.

Danae said...

Do they come in your little size? Brothers were saying something to Cannon about him being little and he said, "I am big, I am bigger than Waverly," I guess we can all find what we are looking for!

Becky and Ben said...

Aww! Your little girl is so cute. I want to see TONS more pictures. Congrats! Wish we could see her and hold her (especially hold her and squish her!) I'm so jealous. So if I get rid of all my baby stuff, will that ensure I have a girl next time???