At 8:45 pm we were headed home from Madsen's school play and at 10:22 our baby made her first stage appearance. During the play Danae was having somewhat mild contractions that were about 12 minutes apart. By the time we got home started coming very hard at three minutes. I started grabbing things and we jumped in the car. During the drive the contractions merged into one another and I was really worried about having to deliver on the side of I-440. We got into the hospital and while I was signing the forms Danae made it clear that there was no time for that. We went straight to the room and our little girl was coming out by the time she got onto the bed. The nurse delivered her before the doctor could make it down the hall.
Both mom and baby are happy and healthy. She was born at 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 in. long. She likes to suck her fingers and has lots of dark-brown hair. We'll have to get back to everyone with a name. :-)
(Guest posted by Matt)
Feb-May 2026
4 months ago
5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like things moved quickly and we're glad she is here. We are all anxious to hear what name wins out in the end. My boys think her name should end with an "n" because all the boy's names do and they are sure she will feel differenent if her's doesn't. I think perhaps she'll feel different anyway. Good Luck with this important decision and all those to follow.
Congratulations! What an exciting delivery. Can't wait to see pictures.
We are so excited for you! Congratulation! Thanks, Matt, for sending the link to the pictures on FaceBook. The first e-mail did work, but we hadn't checked Mom's e-mail before you called. We liked all the pictures. Looks like Mom, Dad, and brothers are all happy to have Waverly join the family for Christmas. Hopefully heer early arrival will make things a little less hestic for Christmas celebrating. She's a cutie! We think she looks like Matt with dark hair. She's a Cheever with a big mouth that works too. Love ya
Congratulations!!! What an entrance, that will go on the books for stories to tell...yeah! finally a girl! (I am jealous)
Although all the boys end with N, all the girls in my family end in y, (Lucy and Audrey) so she fits with the girl cousins. I would have had a hard time finding a girl name to end with N too!
Post a Comment