Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my 34th birthday. I don't think that sounds so old anymore. I remember when 30 sounded old, now 40 doesn't really seem that bad. I am glad I have had 34 years of life, it has been a good one. Madsen and Sully made me breakfast in bed and they even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. Cannon and Declan gave me lots of birthday hugs and kisses. Matt bought me pink sapphire earrings but he gave them to me in the hospital because he thought it was more fitting for my birth day to go home in pink earrings. I wore pink yesterday so I could wear the earrings. I made my own birthday cake, the one my mother always made but my family doesn't eat. I guess I have to eat it all by myself! I did get to talk to all 3 of my sisters and my parents for a few minutes before running out the door to Cannon's joy school party. Matt took me shopping to get some pants that fit. I am only 10 pounds off of my pre-pregnancy weight, but 10 pounds is enough to make my pants not fit! I am hoping to not have to wear these new pants for too long! After a bout with post partum depression after Cannon, we are both a little afraid of it returning this time. Matt asks me every day how I am doing, and he was worried about me being alone with all the kids yesterday. I think there are not many things more depressing than buying pants 2 weeks after having a baby, the size is depressing! I am doing fine, and looking forward to running as soon as the doctor says I can! So, as far as old lady birthdays go, it was a good one. You can all come over and eat cake!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you found someone to help you eat your cake. I can't believe your family won't help you out. Is it yucky cake? I personally don't think such a thing exists. Have a Merry Christmas! I know Doug and Brenda are excited to come and visit all of you.

Danae said...

Our birthday cake is really yummy, it just does not have frosting on it and it does not come from a box!

Angela said...

What kind of cake was it? I bought a lemon pudding cake for myself at Safeway for my last birthday, that way I got what I wanted and didn't have to bake it myself. I remember meeting moms at the school when Holly and Emily first started who were in their 30's and 40's and I was in my 20's. I am happy to finally be in my 30's.