Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Nativities

Mexico
Chile
Russia
Africa

My parents have been traveling the world since retiring and returning from their mission. They bring back nativities from the countries they visit. These are my favorite Christmas decorations. My favorite is the one from Africa. It brings a smile to my face. I just like the whimsical look of the people and the bright colors. Sullivan likes the one from Chile because he thinks it is cool being made from clay out of the ground.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tam said...

Nicco calls them "Happy Families"

Sheila said...

I love my nativities too, they are a favorite at my house. I think my very favorite piece of all of them is the teeny tiny chilean baby jesus.

Danae said...

I like the tiny sheep in Chilean one too.

Di said...

I like them. I can't wait to get a new one from Europe. I think they should get us a nativity from each country they visit on their Europe trip. I hang the Russian ornaments and China bell on a special ornament holder along with the ornaments from Grandma. My poodle ornament usually goes there too but I just noticed it isn't anywhere, it has me worried.

Danae said...

They need to go to Spain! Lladro please!:)

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your fun nativites--seeing them made me feel like I had stopped over at your house for a visit.