Cannon has been looking forward to the first day of winter, December 21. He has been convinced that there will be snow all around because, "it will not be wintery with out snow". The funny thing about this is that he was born in North Carolina! He has never lived in a snowy place to be missing snow! The most snow he has ever seen was our whopping 4 inches in January. This morning he came down stairs and I asked him if he knew what today was. He replied with great enthusiasm, "the first day of winter!" and then ran to the window to see the snow. He said, " look at all the frost! I can tell a difference between snow and frost and that is definitely frost." I am sure he is expecting snow today. He is the only one in the triangle expecting snow.
He also said he can tell the difference between frost and clouds, frost is white, clouds are way up in the sky and grey. He also knows that snow is higher up than clouds and "up in Heaven, because Heaven is way up higher than the clouds."
5 comments:
Nicco thinks people in Tucson are crazy for putting out snowmen as Christmas yard decorations because "Snow doesn't come to Tucson." He also likes Littleton better than Tucson because he "likes snow." We will have to take him up to the mountain sometime to find snow.
I pity you poor people who don't get any snow! I know it is nice and pleasant weather but one really needs a genuine blizzard (not a NC "blizzard") now and then, right?
I pity us too! I don't especially miss the cold, but I do miss snow. I like seasons. All of them. I will miss that. Hot and less hot are not seasons!
We do at least have all 4 seasons. Just not much in the snow department. It is cold now, every now and then in the winter we have days when it is colder in NC than CO.
However, winter is about half way over now. We start to warm up in Feb.
For some reason living in Ohio has made me hate winter. When it get cold here it is REALLY cold and gray and it stays gray until April. I can cope through december because of the holidays but January and February just about do me in. I think it is funny that I am this way now because it is not like I spent my life in a warm climate and have had to adjust. I'm just weird now.
Post a Comment