Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

This is the youngest picture of me we have. Grandpa Martindale is holding me.
Years later.....


Today is my 35th birthday. It has been a good 35 years. I had a wonderful childhood, youth, growing up years with my parents and sisters. I have had 15 really good years being married to Matt and starting, continuing and raising our children. I have had a blessed and happy life. There have been challenges to overcome and more blessings and good things than I can count and name.

I am happy to be 35. I like growing older, realizing that 35 is neither old nor young! I like the wisdom and experience that comes with years. I would not go backwards in time if given the chance! I can look at what I have done and what I am planning to do and see that there is still so much to experience and accomplish.

My visiting teachers asked me if my birthday is hard, turning 35. The answer is nope, I like getting older.

I look forward to raising the kids, seeing them grow and learn and do and become. I look forward to more years with Matt and enoying time with just him when the kids have moved on. I look forward to being a grandma.

I have had 35 great years and hoping for 35 (+) years to come!

So, happy birthday to me!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Di said...

Happy Birthday to you! I like getting older too - I think it is empowering. My heart gave a little jump at the picture of Grandpa. I hope you have a good day, I will be thinking of you today and am glad that you are my sister. Duncan and I saw some giant stockings at a store the other day and I told him that Aunt Nae came home from the hospital in a giant stocking - I alway remember that :).

Tam said...

Happy birthday to you! Do you still cover your gray, or are you letting your silver shine? Grandpa was handsome, wasn't he? He looks all beachy and rugged in that picture.

Sheila said...

I thought the same thing about grandpa, look at how handsome he was! Happy Birthday to you! Hope it is a good one and that your family spoils you rotten!

Danae said...

I don't have any silver yet! I do not intend to color it at all. Mom has always been lovely with her grey/white hair so I think we will be too!

Di said...

What?! No silver?!

Danae said...

I did say "yet" I expect it to come some day! And Di, you look lovely with your silver too!

Tam said...

I just recently started getting my silver, last year I think. I only have a few strands, but they are shiny! You will probably get yours in the next couple of years or so. The thing with our dark hair is that our silver shows up more!

missykac said...

Happy Birthday, Danae. I could see a look of Cannon (I think)in your picture with your grandpa. I am glad you like getting older and having a December birthday. I do too except for the aching joints.
Merry Christmas, too!

Di said...

I keep thinkinh that those lightest bits in my hair are blonde, but then I look really close and they're pretty much white. And, I guess I'm not fooling anyone when people say they like me because I don't dye my hair:)