Sunday, July 12, 2009

Still Madsen

This is his baptism day
The boy is always reading! It is horrible punishment to tell him he is not allowed to read.
His first temple trip as a Deacon.
This is one of the more recent pictures of him.
Madsen is a good boy, crazy, active, a little wild, but a good boy. He is a blessing to our family. He is, afterall, what got it all started. He thinks that now that he is a teenager, he gets to watch more movies, do more things without us and be the boss. I guess I will have to let go a little. I look forward to the teenage years. I think it can be a lot of fun. I enjoy seeing him grow up and become such a neat young man. Does he drive me crazy? Yes he does! But I can not imagine life without him. It is strange to think that I only have 5 more years with him at home. There is so much to happen in those next five years. We love you, Buddy!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow! It's hard to believe you have a teenager. It seems like not that long ago that I was watching you open wedding gifts as a newlywed. Isn't it amazing how quickly those tiny babies grow up? It's a little sad, but fun also to see them begin to turn into the adult that they will be one day. You and Matt are doing a great job. Keep up the good work! Don't let Madsen fool you into believing that just because he is a teenager now all the rules are going to change - give him some teenage perks as well as some teenage responsibilities.

Mom and Dad said...

What a good, smart handsome boy Madsen is! We are the unbiased proud grandparents and it is fun to have our first teenager paving the way. Enjoy the journey, it is shorter than you think!