Friday, July 31, 2009

Cannon rides a bike

OOPS! This is Declan!


We made a failed attempt at teaching Cannon to ride his bike. He did not like it because he could not do it just right the first time. He claims, often, to not want to do anything until he is an expert. Problem is, you have to practice a lot to become an expert! He rode around with either his mother or father hanging on to the back of the bike until we wore out. He cried and yelled and said it is dumb and he hates bikes. We went home and put the training wheels on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tam said...

That sounds familiar. Nicco says "I am not doing great!" Then drops (throws)whatever he was trying and has a tantrum of some degree or other. Delightful.

Di said...

We've had the "if I'm not good at it NOW, I'm not going to do it" issue at our house too. I think my kids are starting to learn that practice is indeed what makes perfect, not first try makes perfect.

Mom and Dad said...

I think I remeber some such moments when I was the Mom.... What comes to mind most quicklyis Tamara refusingto finish a game if she was not winning. I'm pretty sure there were other events along the same line.... Who do you think was the original type A perfectionist OCD person in the family?