We found a little farm near our house that has pick your own blueberries. Since we had a failed strawberry season, we did not have any homemade jam, crisis at my house! So, we loaded everyone up and went topick berries. It was actually easier than picking strawberries, but takes a lot of blueberries to make jam. Declan did a great job.
Cannon got tired of it pretty quickly and grumped til it was time to go home. There were some peacocks wandering about so he enjoyed looking at them.
Sully got tired too, but he took the camera out and became the official photographer of the event. I will post more of his work next!
We ended up picking 23 pints of berries. I discovered we payed just under the price at a grocery store. Oh well, it was an experience. Then I got to go home and make jam. I have never had blueberriy jam before, I was a little doubtful. It turns out it is very yummy. I made 19 bottles of it from our labors.
Feb-May 2026
4 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment