Today is our 5 year North Carolina Anniversary. Here is the moving van that took us from our little home in Colorado across the country in 4 horrific days. I was way pregnant with Cannon an driving the van with 3 boys. It was such a long, slow trip. I had a hard time staying awake while I was driving. I was following Matt and he could not go too fast. Every now and then I would fly by him and tell him I would meet him at at the next rest stop. We spent the 4thof July in a little town hotel, I don't even remember what state we were in. When we finally reached Sheila's house in Ohio, I had had it and the boys had had it. It was such a welcome relief to stop and visit and eat real food. We still had one long day ahead of us.
When we finally reached NC we were welcomed by 25 people from our new ward waiting at the house to help move us in. My feet were so swollen and my huge body just ached. I was so happy to see so many helping hands and meet new friends.
This is how we looked back then. The boys seemed big but they were so little. Matt and I were young too! Quite a bit has changed in the last 5 years.
I thought we would come out here, do the Post-doc thing for a few years and head back west where things are normal. Now we love it out here and hope we never have to leave. The boys have grown up and of course we have added Waverly. Life has been very good in North Carolina.

3 comments:
I guess I should learn not to post pictures to the left! It always screws up the typing and the picture positions!
Five years already? That's insane.
Hey! I know that house!! ;)
Post a Comment