Friday, March 27, 2009

money back!

I have been dealing with the hospital where Waverly was born and a crazy bill lately. I received a phone call telling me they would like to help me set up a payment plan for my balance. I did not realize I had a balance after paying over $500! The said balance was $986! I then was told that this was not my responsibility and to disregard the bill. I got another bill in the mail, called again and was again told not to worry about it, they are still working things out with my insurance and that it looked like the insurance company needed to be reimbursed. A week ago I got another bill only this time they told me we were being sent to collections unless I called to make a payment plan. I called really quickly to tell them that my payment plan was not to pay! Yesterday I received a phone call telling me that all is finally settled with my insurance and I over paid by about $160 so I get reimbursed, yahoo! I always like getting money back.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

We got a credit for some reason on our electric bill and don't have to pay it this month. Hooray for unexpected dollars!

Tam said...

It is almost worth it to overpay once in a while, just to get money back. I like to find dollars stuck in forgotten coat pockets, especially when said dollars are twenties!