I always feel like I need to post pictures with my writing, that is why I haven't done anything lately. My friends held a baby shower for me on Saturday. It was fun. I brought home lots of cute pink things for this little girl. I am going to have to go to church when she is 2 weeks old just so she can wear some of the cute dresses. The boys laughed at the hair bows and put them on like bow ties. Matt was amused by one particular outfit that is a cute little jumper with matching shirt, tights and hair bow. He is not used to coordinating accessories. I spent most of yesterday washing baby clothes, took 3 loads of laundry, cleaning the car seat and getting the bassinet ready. I sorted the clothes by size and type, you know, jammies, pants, shirts... I put everything in Matt's side of the closet. He is now the one being overtaken! I do think it would be great fun if I had an empty room I could be decorating for her. I guess I will be patient and do it when she is older and I can really have fun with it. I was talking to my parents and Dad said he just can't wait to see how I respond to a girl after all my years of boys. The boys need different tactics, and I am afraid there will be a bigger difference in how I respond to a girl then just different boys. I hope she won't always drive me crazy like most girls do. I know I will love her since she will be my girl. Now that I have everything ready, I am anxious ofr her to be born. Not only am I really tired of being pregnant, but I can't wait to meet her and love her and see the changes she brings to our house.
4 comments:
ah, I'm so excited for you!!!
Gosh, things are going to be different at your house very soon. I think dads and little girl clothes are funny. When my girls were tiny the fashion was to have dresses with an opening in the back and a matching diaper coverup with lace ruffles that would then show. Very fashionable. One Sunday a baby girl came to church with the dress buttoned in the front and the "panties" on backwards. It was very obvious that her dad had dressed her. You're all going to have so much fun. I have always heard that girls are harder than boys, but having 2 of each I can tell you that boys are just as hard, just in different ways. You'll do just fine and she'll have so much love she won't know what to do with it all. All those boys will sure love this new little sister and she is going to be well protected and taken care of.
"I hope she won't always drive me crazy like most girls do."
I seriously laughed out loud when I read that Danae! I am sure she will fit right in with you Cheevers! She's going to have a heck of a time going on dates though ... ;)
We too are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little girl. I am confident that you will be every bit as good a mother for her as you are for the four boys you have now. Good luck on these last few weeks and before you know it she will be here in your arms.
Post a Comment