Thursday, September 1, 2011

I should not have titled that post Murphy's Law

My water heater adventure was a disaster yesterday. My 4 hour window was 12-4. He showed up at 4:45 with the wrong sized heater. Awesome. My options became he could go try and get the right one and be back in about an hour and do the install then or I could reschedule. I was frustrated and irritated and had been scrambling all afternoon trying to get kids taken rides to races, my brain was fried. I called Matt to ask what he thought I should do but he never answers his phone when I actually need him. I wanted to get to Madsen's race so I said fine reschedule. No hot water this morning so no one showered. I bet we are a hot smelly group! In retrospect, should have had the guy come back last night while Matt was home. So, every single thing that could have gone wrong with yesterday, did.

My time window today is 2-6, kid pick up time again. Only today he called to ask if it was ok if he came early! Yahoo! He should be here in a few minutes and hopefully it will be completed before I need to go get kids.

The first thing I will do is take a shower! Then dishes, then laundry, then all my stinky people can bathe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud (really, I did) when you said Matt never answers his phone when you actually need him. Jared does the same thing. Glad you've got your new water heater, finally!