I rolled out of bed this morning, put on my glasses and headed downstairs to make lunches before taking Madsen to Seminary. There was something wrong with my eyes. I could not see well and I was getting a headache. I even joked that maybe it would be safer for Madsen to drive to church then me with my screwy vision. I was worried that my eyes changed over night and I was going to have to get new contacts and glasses. It was really quite frustrating. It felt like a disconnect between my eyes and my brain. I made it safely to and from the church, walked in the door and looked at a newspaper sitting on the floor. I thought to myself, "I think I can see better without my glasses than with them!" I took the glasses off and miracle of miracles! I could see better without them. Hmmm... something fishy is going on here! I went upstairs and there on the bathroom counter sat my EMPTY contact case. Duh! I somehow forgot to take my lenses out last night so wearing my glasses doubled my prescription causing blurred vision and headache. I decided to take out the contacts to rest my poor eyes and wear glasses for a while today. I am glad that it was just a dumb thing not over night change in my vision.
3 comments:
Ha, ha. I loved it. Sorry to hear that you are getting to that stage in your life that you forget things. Or is it just that you are going so fast and doing so many things that you don't have time to think. Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you were just forgetful and that your eyes hadn't gone really bad overnight! I do feel bad for your eyes having contacts in all night though.
George and I had a good laugh at your episode with the glasses.
Thank you for posting it. It is great that we can laugh at the funny things we all do from time to time - or is all the time (in my case).
Post a Comment