A few of us have colds we are suffering with this week. Waverly has had a fever for a few days and has been yelling at her ears so I decided to take her to the doctor to check ears. Her appointment was at 10:20. The doctor checked her ears, found a big glob of wax blocking his view so he used a funky little ear wax scoop and cleared it out. Sure enough, infections in both ears. We headed to the grocery store pharmacy for her amoxicilin and yogurt. I put her down for her nap at 1:40 and immediately the phone rings. The elementary school with Cannon in the office complaining about his ear hurting. Cannon tends to whine and complain a lot over nothing. I told him to please be tough, school is almost over and I just put Wave down. I am sure they had me on speaker phone because the office lady ever so kindly, told me that they had had him crying in the office for 30 minutes already and he just needs to go home. Fine! I get to the school and decide to take Declan home with me as well so I won't have a conflict with the bus in case I can get Cannon to the doctor. I called the doctor from the car and after telling her our name she said, "did you have another child in here this morning?" Why, yes I did! So I had time to get Declan and Waverly home and Madsen to get home so I could leave them and head back to the doctor. The receptionist laughed as she asked if my address, phone or insurance had changed since this morning. The nurse asked if I had had so much fun this morning I couldn't stay away and commented how the doctor had been showing everyone Waverly's chart amazed that this was her first sick visit of her life. Then when the doctor came in he also laughed at me for coming back. Checked Cannon and sure enough, ear infection. He had had one in January in his right ear. This one is in the left. I made sure to ask if he was fine to go back to school so Cannon would hear it from the doctor that yes, he could go to school. Back to the pharmacy for round two of amoxicilin. The pharmacist also laughed at me and filled the prescription with a "you know what to do with this, but he needs 2 teaspoons."
At least our insurance is good so the doctor visits and the antibiotics cost me a total of $0!
Feb-May 2026
4 weeks ago
1 comment:
ha ha ha...we are not quite as frequent as you today (that stinks, by-the-way)...but last week I took Garrett in for an ear infection and then I had to take myself in today for a killer sinus infection--I have never had one before and a couple days ago had called my dentist because I was sure I had an abscessed tooth...nah, just copious amounts of gross snot I could not contain. Needless to say I had to call-in sick to work tonight, so what do I do--check up on my blogs! :)
Post a Comment