Thursday, March 17, 2011

Deleted

 

Last night I was sitting at the computer, Waverly was eating ice cream, Cannon was quiet. That should have been my first clue that something was going on. He was not on the Wii or tv or even asking for one of these to be turned on. He came over with my camera and said, " I deleted some of the dumb pictures." Great, I think, what does he consider dumb? "There were ugly ones of chairs and stuff." I am getting ready to put stuff on Craigslist which is why I have ugly pictures of chairs and stuff. So I asked him if he deleted pictures of people, his response, "just the dumb ones, like from Sully's birthday." Oh my heavens child! I looked at the remaining pictures and discovered what this precious child that I love so much had been doing for the past 15 minutes. Taking pictures of himself with his tongue out and/or finger up his nose and deleting EVERY picture that was not him or Waverly!

I did a pretty good job of not completely losing it on the child. No real sense in destroying the child over something that can't be un-done. I did tell him that I was sad, that those pictures are gone and that he can never touch the camera again. He cried. I felt bad-ish. Then we sat down and read the BFG.

I hope a lesson was learned, by both of us.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Winters Wonderland said...

oh dear. Funny pictures of Cannon though. Good job keeping your cool. What is the BFG? Should I know this? lol.

Unknown said...

ahh man...that sounds like something my kids--namely Cameron would do, I will find random pictures of the table (from Cam level) and the floor and occassionally up his nose. I don't think he has figured out how to delete anything, YET...
I echo Heather, good job keeping your cool!

Becky and Ben said...

Oh, Cannon. Too funny. Brad and Ross will take pictures if they get ahold of the camera, but they haven't figured out the delete function. I guess I have that to look forward to...