Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010!

 

 

 

We got our blizzard on Friday! The first collage is the boys outside Friday night when the snow first started falling. Obviously, they were so excited! All the events scheduled for Saturday were canceled so we had a day with nothing to do and no where to go.

The boys spent Saturday coming in and out of the house. Sledding down the hill in the back yard and in the street in the front. They had a great time. I think they wore all the socks they owned and changed clothes 4 times each. Oh the piles of laundry on Monday!

We made a fire in the fire place and roasted marshmallows and made smores. It was a fun, lazy day.

Church was canceled on Sunday, so another day off! This was the first "day of rest" I have had for a long time! The boys played out side some more and we had a Family Home Evening type lesson time for a while. Matt and I enjoyed a Sunday afternoon nap while the boys played outside some more.

No school on Monday. No school on Tuesday. For sure school on Wednesday... oh no! No school Wednesday so Madsen and Sully both spent the night with friends Tuesday night and most of the day Wednesday. Thursday they were on a one hour delayed start. So glad to have them back in school.

The snow was fun while it lasted. The last 2 days were not as fun as the snow was melted and it was cold and a big soggy mess outside. Tuesday the boys were awesome helpers and we scrubbed the house. They helped get the kitchen totally clean and we washed all the walls in the house.

So, 3 inches of snow equals 3 days off from school.

I am ready for spring!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Di said...

I'm glad the boys had fun with the snow, and that you got a day of rest. I wish my world would shut down for a dusting of snow now and then, or even for a big old honking blizzard, but no!