Matt and I recently attended the musical The Million Dollar Quartet. It is the story of one night in 1955, when the owner of Sun Records had Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis together at the studio. Sun Records was the label that started the careers for these four men. It was fun, well done and interesting. The actors were incredibly talented musicians. They were not faking the music. They sounded a lot like the famous men they were portraying. I would recommend going to see it if it comes to a city near you.
Any way, we had 4 tickets so we invited a young couple in our ward to go with us. After the show, the young man with us said, "was that your generation of music?" What??? Did you miss the whole 1955 thing? How old do you think we are? Matt kind of laughed and said no, we are more of the '80's and 90's generation of music. So, I realize that we were teenagers in the decade that these people were born. We seem really old to them because we have teenage kids and have been married for a long time compared to their 2 years, but really?
1 comment:
Nicco has started calling us Ma and Pops. I wonder when we turned 80 in his little mind. ;)
Post a Comment