Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home

The big move finally happened! We were delayed in closing for a week because the bank paper work was not completed in time. We were very frustrated as we had everything set to go and had to rearrange several things for the new date. But, that week did fly by and we did move in! We closed on Wednesday morning, did not get the key until nearly 5:00 so no truck loads were taken to the house. We did decide to sleep in sleeping bags that first night. Matt and I did bring air mattresses, way to old to sleep on the floor! It was fun. The house was so nice and clean and empty! Matt stayed home from work Thursday and Friday so we got right to work. Several ladies came with trucks to help move things from the small house to the big house. We got all the little stuff out before we got the moving truck on Friday morning. We were so worn out! Friday we got the big truck and headed to the storage unit and started there. We made a trip to Lowes for blinds and did some work at the house. We had requested help from the ward around 6:30 that night. I left to go buy dinner and only one man had arrived. I was a little worried because there is no way we could have done this without more help. When I got back to the little house, there were cars and trucks lining the street and the house was empty of furniture and full of people. It was overwhelming to me to see all those people there to help us. They then headed to the storage unit to get the rest of the stuff and then to the house for the unloading. It was all done in about 3 hours. There is minor damage to the walls up the stairways from the sofa bed but nothing we can't easily repair. Now everything we own (which I am sure is way more junk then we need) is safely under one roof. I have been working endlessly to get things organized. I am almost there! I need to work on Declan and Cannon's bedroom and then some of Madsen and Sully's. They should do it on their own but they are not being very cooperative. Making me crazy! And yes, their room already smells like boy. I guess boy smell is stronger than new house smell. Once all of the boxes that are in the house are emptied, I will start on the things in the garage. The chaos is hard on my brain. We also need to decorate for Christmas, the kids are refusing to skip it this year! I love my house. It is lovely and has so much more space then we had before. We are all looking forward to many many years here!

No comments: