Monday, November 12, 2012

Single Digits


We are down to single digit days until the big move!
I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I love my house. Love it! It has been fun watching it being built. Every new bit of progress was exciting. Today the sod and landscaping was put in. It looks so pretty. We have our walk through on Friday and then we close on Wednesday. We should have the keys that afternoon and we will start moving things over. Declan asked if we can spend the night in it without stuff just once so that will be the night. We even plan to move stuff on Thanksgiving day. We might eat turkey sandwiches on paper plates.  We will probably have a delayed Thanksgiving Dinner. We have the moving truck on Friday and that will be that! I started packing the little house today but then decided it is kind of a waste of time because most of the stuff here we still use so I will wait until mext Tuesday and then I will pack. We will probably just throw stuff in boxes and drive it over to the house! I am not that concerned about packing for the giant 2 mile trip. There is still work to be done on the house. The stone on the front of the house, carpet, door knobs, garage doors and openers, screen on the porch, staining the stair rails and the porch roof, fixing all the holes in the walls, touch up painting, painting the shutters and front door, pillar and railing for the front porch, gutters... I sure hope it is actually finished by Friday! This whole house project has been a year in the making. Just about as soon as Matt got his new job, I was serious about the house. Started prepping the old house for sale, the sale of that house and the adventure of living in the little house. It seems kind of unreal that it is now just days away. Someday is finally here. There are so many things about this house that we are all looking forward to. So, this year for Thanksgiving we will all be thankful to be in the new house. For the added comfort it will be for our family. For Matt's job that made it all possible.
 I can't wait to make this house my home.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela said...

Your house is awesome! I am so glad you finally got the big house your family needed. Post lots of pictures once you move in and get things set up. What is on the third floor of your house? A big playroom, more bedrooms?

Danae said...

The 3rd floor has a bedroom, bathroom and the bonus room. Madsen and Sullivan will live up there.

missykac said...

I, too, am excited for you! The pictures I've seen on the inside and out are amazing. Glad you are able to have this "dream house" and make it your own. Even if it isn't purple or green like I thought it was going to be.