Thursday, May 31, 2012

School News, maybe

Last night the father of a boy in Declan's class who has the same screwed up school situation as us, called and asked if I had checked the assignment web site lately. I told him no and he said I just might want to because theirs now says Apex Middle. So I checked and sure enough, Declan's assignment now says Apex Middle. But there is a sentence that says, "all of the schools that you ranked were above capacity. You were placed at a school within your proximity and are on the wait list for your first choice. Please call the assignment office for more information." Apex Middle is my first choice and he was #10 on the wait list. I called and left a message for my assignment office lady asking if he is indeed now assigned to Apex. I have not heard back yet. This would be such good news! I am believing he now gets to go to Apex Middle. I also received my letter from the student assignment office telling me that my request for transfer has been denied and I can appeal if I would like. I am not very surprised by this. I am hoping it is a moot point. This news will make this one good week! Now if I can just find a place to live for the next few months...

No comments: