Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hurray!

Our house is under contract! After a week of frustrating counter offers, the buyer came up to a price we are mostly comfortable with. I am so excited. Glad to have this huge weight off my shoulders. Glad to not have to show my house any more. Glad to be able to move forward. Glad to have the new house even more of a reality than before! They have until June 18 to do inspection, appraisal, finalize funding etc. Then the settlement date is June 29. One month. That is what I have to pack up my house and find somewhere for my family to live until the new house is completed. I better get to work! I hope this all goes through without any problems. I do not need any surprises at the inspection. I do not need to find out they can not get financing. I am remaining faithful. I went to the builder this morning and for the first time that drive felt more real than all the months of dreaming. We need to do all the design center choosing and then sit with the builder man and go over the plans in detail before they start building. They have the permit in hand. Hopefully, we can get over there this week. The sooner the better! We are very excited. I hope the new people will be good neighbors to my friends. I hope they will be happy in my house.

2 comments:

Tam said...

I hope you have no surprises!

Becky and Ben said...

I am so excited for you! (Yet so jealous, that I hate you! ;) )