It finally happened, the event and phone call I have been waiting for pretty much since the day Madsen became mobile. He broke a bone. His let wrist practicing a new throw move at wrestling practice.
Coach Armfield called to tell me about it and ask if I would please come pick him up.
I am such a good mom that the first thing in my head was can it wait til tomorrow when the doctors are open again so I don't have to go to the E.R. Fortunately the urgent care office was still open so we headed over and received not so urgent care.
He is all splinted up and we will head to the orthopaedics tomorrow for a cast.
This is the last week of wrestling so he will only miss 2 matches. Depending on the length of recovery, he may miss off season wrestling which is a bummer.
Madsen has ALWAYS been crazy with his body. I thought for sure he would be broken all the time and I would be on a first name basis with doctors all over. I am honestly amazed that this is his first real injury. And he is soaking it up, I tell you! He is sure he can't do homework or housework or pretty much anything with only one arm. I told him he is lucky it is his left wrist and if he was an amputee, he would find a way to do things with only one arm. See, Mom of the Year, I tell you!
The urgent care doctor was pretty impressed with my cool calmness. I guess you get used to these things and it was nothing to freak out over any way. I am just hoping this is the only thing that goes wrong this week while Matt is out of the country!
Feb-May 2026
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment