Monday, May 16, 2011

Snakes and Snails vs. Sugar and Spice

 

 

How can something so cute be so disgusting? The answer is a whole bunch of big brothers!

Waverly has finally started taking the initative to go potty all by herself, up unitl now she would announce that she needed to go and then I would have to go with her and help. I have been so happy to see this next step happening. Until the other day when I heard her saying, "I have to go whiz" and I found her in my bathroom standing in front of the toilet trying really hard to get into the correct position to pee, standing up like her brothers. I did catch her in time and explained that little girls sit down.

She burps and laughs about it and she says "safety" whenever she toots. Strange, I know, but for some reason the boys did this. If they did not say safety before someone else said door knob, they tooter could be punched until he touched a door knob. Where do kids come up with this stuff?

My sweet little girl made of sugar and spice and everything nice, is being corrupted by snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Audrey will sometimes say "boy" things and I shake my head and think I NEVER would have said such a thing, and then I remember why!

Tam said...

Goodness gracious me. Good luck!

Di said...

I've meant to thank you, or I suppose your dear boys, for introducing the safety thing. What's amazing is how often fights break out over who said safety fast enough etc. Also, I can't believe Danae's daughter burps out loud.

Mom and Dad said...

Oh my goodness. Boys say and do things that I have never heard at all, even in seventh grade where I often reminded them that the person listening to or reading their words was a little white haired grandmother! And I echo both Di and Tam- good luck and who would have thought that Danae's girl would burp.

Angela said...

so funny. Our son is being corrupted by our girls' moody personalities. He hits, and they when we tell him he's in time out he bursts out crying. PS, we are teaching Nathan to sit on the toilet like his sisters, we're got no big brothers to demonstrate the boy way.

Becky and Ben said...

I guess this is what I have to look forward to. Not my sweet little innocent girl! :'(