Yesterday afternoon, Waverly and I were outside on our driveway enjoying our lovely november weather when I was bitten by a spider! It hurt, I saw the culprit, stepped on it and then kind of freaked out! It was a brown spider which made me worry that it was a Brown Recluse, whose venom is more potent than a rattle snake I discovered! My toe swelled and turned red. I was talking to Sheila on the phone and did not know what to do! I was quite freaked out for a while. I googled spider bites and discovered that I needed to wash the site, ice it, elevate it, tie a bandage tightly to reduce flow of venom, and seek medical attention. It was bad timing. I decided to wait and see if I developed a pus filled blister, fever, nausea, headaches... Fortunately, nothing happened. The redness and swelling and pain went away. I had saved the squished spider in a baggy just in case I need to take it to the doctor with me! I have since thrown out the spider. Matt asked if I was bare foot, no, I had on flip flops and they are shoes, sort of.

2 comments:
I made Patrice come outside and kill the most recent scorpion because I was only in flip flops. So was he, but his feet and shoes are much bigger than mine! I'm glad you didn't have to go to the hospital, and I'm glad it was you, not Little Miss, who was bitten!
Uggh. One of my friends was bitten by a spider on her foot in the night. It got really bad and finally, when streaks started running up her leg from the swollen, nasty, painful foot, her husband insisted on a trip to the E.R. The doctors decided it wasn't from venom but from bacteria. Yucky all around. Glad you are ok!
Post a Comment