Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Here's Hoping

I just returned from voting this grand election day. Oh how I hope and pray that the silent majority will not be silent today and our voices will be heard and "they" will be forced to listen. I hope that there will be changes where changes are needed and we can elect leaders who actually care about this country and the people. I hope to see the results make me happy and all the network announcers and Dear Leader and Nancy shaking in their boots. I hope Nevada steps up and replaces Harry Reid. I hope North Carolina steps up and replaces Price and a few others.

No matter what the outcome, I am grateful for the opportunity to vote. I am grateful that I can peacefully walk into my polling place and cast my vote without any harassment or threat to my life. I am grateful to live in this country, that despite current leadership and problems, is still the promised land and the very best country on this earth. It is still the land of the free and the home of the brave.

2 comments:

Tam said...

In the immortal words of John Paul Jones, "(We) have not yet begun to fight!"

Mom and Dad said...

and "Give me liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry

I am grateful for all those things and also that my daughters love their country and are patriots!