Last night we had a family in our ward over for dessert, and last minute before we leave the state Home Teaching. They have 5 kids, 3 girls and 2 boys. Their oldest daughter just turned sixteen and had her first date. Guess who her first date was? Her father! What a sweet, fun tradition. That is their thing, the first date for each kid will be with the parent. He took her to dinner at a nice restaurant and then to a movie. We think this is such a neat idea that we are going to make it our first dates as well. So lucky me, I will get 4 first dates!
3 comments:
love this idea too!!
What a great idea!! I love that!
One of my good friends does this with all her boys. She encourages them to open doors for her, use good manners... It is a fun tradition and a good opportunity to help her sons learn how to treat a date. I have always loved this idea.
Post a Comment