Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Down...

I taught Relief Society for the first time today. The topic was the life of Christ. Nothing like diving in head first with a simple subject! At least there was plenty of material to take up the 30 minutes I had. It went well. No one told me I did a bad job, several women told me I did a fabulous job and one even said she is so glad they get to hear from me 3 times a month. Mostly I think she is glad it is me, not her! I sure hope this gets easier with time. I was so nervous, worrying about doing a terrible job and disappointing the women. I was prepared to have hymn books and cheerios thrown at me. Next week is Teachings for Our Times, and the great topic of Guarding against lust and other worldly temptations, using Elder Holland's talk and President Monson's talk from the priesthood session. Should be an interesting topic. I do prefer to discuss this with adult women rather than the teenagers!

1 comment:

Di said...

I'm sure you did great! Hopefully you will not be nervous each week. I really, really want your job, by the way.