Monday, January 25, 2010

Taco Bell Lunch

 

 

 



The boys had a day off from school today and I had promised them lunch at Taco Bell. Madsen asked for this. I think he is still jealous because I used to take Cannon to Taco Bell when he was the only one at home. Any way- today was the much anticipated day. We loaded up the car and headed out. I figure taking them to Taco Bell is cheap. Here is waht we ordered: 1 hard taco: just meat for Cannon; 2 five layer burritos w/o sour cream for Declan and Sully; 4 soft tacos and 1 nacho supreme; 5 small drinks. The total: $17! That is right! $17 for nasty food at Taco Bell. Oh well. It was for the experience any way. What experience you ask? The experience of eating lunch with the boys. The sacrifices we make for our children.

This is why we rarely eat out any more. It used to be a weekly thing. Back when we had 2 little boys and could almost split a happy meal. Now we can't get out of a fast food restaurant under $30. Might as well go to a decent restaurant and bring home left overs. Yes, I am just that cheap. The sad thing: it will not get any better. In fact, I am sure it will get worse, exponentially worse, in the coming years. Matt is going to need a promotion just so we can continue to eat!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Winters Wonderland said...

Great pictures!

I can't say anything because I secretly love taco bell! ;)

Di said...

Aren't they advertising the excellent new taco bell diet? (Results not typical of course).

Mom and Dad said...

When we lived in Arvada and I was in the Primary presidency, we took baby Danae and Tamara along with the Burnett and Davis girls, to Taco Bell after our weekly presidency meeting. It probably cost me $5.00 to do that then. Did the boys like their Taco Bell lunches? And yes, we make sacrifices for our children, some small others larger and that is a good thing!

Laura said...

We don't eat out much for the same reason. But I will tell you a trick you can save a lot of money if you get rid of the drink (which in this case may be a big part of the experience). If we do Wendy's and share fries (because they are unhealthy) and get water to drink the price is much lower. Same with all places really. Still its cheaper to not eat our. More work though.

Remember Taco bell was the cheap eat in College?

Becky and Ben said...

Mmmm....Taco Bell. I actually really like Taco Bell. Now, I try to stick to the fresca menu (which of course is even more expensive), but we still rarely go there.