Friday, January 29, 2010

Here We Snow again!

 

 

 

 


North Carolina is preparing for winter weather this weekend. That means everything that was scheduled to happen on Saturday has been cancelled... on Thursday... it was 60 degrees. People are running to the grocery store to stock up on food so they can survive the coming storm. Items on the list: milk, bread, eggs, soda and chocolate. Apparently, when it snows Southerners eat french toast. The chocolate and soda is new information to me this time. I guess I better get to the store. The DOT has been out in force prepping the roads. We have been warned to be where we want to spend the weekend by midnight Friday because it will be bad. Bring it on!

I am really looking forward to this. What is better than having a day that was way over scheduled turn into a day with nothing to do? I want to do Saturday jobs and then build a fire and snuggle in blankets and watch movies (while eating chocolate and drinking soda) I want to play board games and the Wii and read books. I want to eat comfort food and stay in my jammies. I want church to be cancelled!

Maybe I can convince the boys to do Saturday jobs today so Saturday can just be fun. They will want to play in the snow. I will let them.

What is expected from this storm, you ask? Last I heard, 5-7 inches of snow. You Utah and Colorado people laugh. Who shuts down a state for that? North Carolina does! We could be shut down for days! I am serious. I will not be surprised to have church cancelled and school closed or at least delayed on Monday. Oh what fun!

I have been adopted... to the south. I love it. I used to laugh at the weather stuff. This time I actually found myself thinking, "I will not drive Cannon to that birthday party in Raleigh if the weather is bad." That was Tuesday.
I love winters that last for 2 months, spring that last for 3 and really hot, humid summer that lasts for 6! I love UNC and hate Duke and laugh at NC State. I have forgotten pro sports exist. Bring on March Madness! I love oxygen and get scared thinking about not being able to breathe when we head west.

Here's hoping for the weather event to actually happen. I will let you know how it turns out, with new photos!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ganine said...

Right now I would take 5-6 inches here at my house. Our mountains of gotten snow thankfully, all we get in the valley cold, yucky air. No snow.

Mom and Dad said...

Yay for snow in North Carolina! I hope Cannon who loves winter and to roll and play in the snow actually gets to experience the phenom!