This morning I got an e-mail from the realtor I spoke with in April. The house I found that I so desperately want, has dropped $10,000. Too bad for me, it is still just out of reach. I wish I had never seen this house. It makes me crazy that it is sitting there taunting me. It has everything I could ever want or need and is so reasonably priced, especially compared to houses of equivalent square footage. It keeps us in our ward, it gets my kids to the right schools, it has a basement and a huge pantry and a laundry ROOM! not a closet, a room with cabinets. It has 5 bedrooms, 3 bath rooms, a sunroom and a loft. It has the right flooring and counter tops and wood blinds, an intercom so I wouldn't have to yell to get the kids to come down, or up when I need them. It is the perfect house for my family.
The picture is my house. I loved my house when we moved here. It was so much bigger than our tiny Colorado house. We actually had empty rooms, until I bought furniture. I still like my house, it is just too small for my big family. It is a great house for a family with 2 or maybe 3 kids. I love my back yard, so nice and big and fun. My family is growing and my house is not.
I need to remember that I am so grateful to have a house. That I own it, not renting it. That we are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. We have enough space that we all have a place, a crowded smooshed space, but it could be worse.
I am going to just be grateful and not look at the real estate web site. I am going to love my house and clean it and fix it up. I am going to be grateful that I have a big family that I love. I am going to be grateful that my husband has a job. I am going to keep doing all that is asked of me at home, at church and any where else. I am going to keep being faithful and know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and my needs and wants. I am going to be grateful for my challenges, there are a lot worse things than just having house a little too small.
2 comments:
I love your attitude. Way to count your blessings especially around Thanksgiving time. I got the church news in the mail yesterday and they showed a family from the Dominican Republic riding on a motorcycle. Two parents and 4small children all on one motorcycle. Apparently that is a common sight in that country but unfortunately there are lots of accidents and people fall off and end up seriously injured. The article was about how the church is providing wheel chairs to that country. So add a minivan to your list of things you are grateful for. Even if all the seatbelts are occupied and your kids fight while you drive and the van costs alot to fix. :)
Wow, Nae, your how is beautiful! If I lived there, I would want to buy it off of you!!! The trees around it are awesome, and the house itself looks like something out of a magazine! Hmmm, now I need to adjust my attitude and appreciate what I have :-)
Post a Comment