Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Declan's baptism

Declan was baptized on September 5. It was such a good day. He was very excited and had a great smile on his face all morning. This is such an important milestone in his little life. I am grateful for such a good boy who is learning the truth and gaining a testimony of the gospel. He is such a blessing to us. I am also grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood so he can perform these ordinances for our children.
Here they are in the fancy white clothes prior to the baptism.
He was a little worried that the water in the font would be cold. He reported that it was nice and warm. So with the feeling of the Spirit and coming up out of the water all fresh and new, he said he had a nice, warm feeling.
We thought this would be an appropriate opportunity for a new family picture. I guess this is as good as it gets! Despite funny faces and sleeping baby, not a bad looking crowd!

It was a good day. My parents made it into town Friday night. Dad is battling a nasty MRSA infection in his hand, but is now on the mend. Our friend, Aurelie, joined us for the day. She is not a member of the Church, so I hope she felt the spirit with us and it may influence her for good. Matt's Dad, brother and the girls had a nightmare adventure with their plane flight so they missed the baptism. I felt bad about this. We held off confirming Declan until Sunday so Doug could be there to participate in that part of it.

Overall, it was a great weekend and event for Declan.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tam said...

I'm glad Declan had a nice day.

Di said...

You're right, a good looking bunch despite funny faces and sleepy babies. I'm glad Declan had a good day too. He looks smiley!

Anonymous said...

Great looking crowd! The boys are getting so big! And Waverly too!