Monday, January 12, 2009

Left Sock Thiever!

I always put socks on Waverly's little feet. She seems to like them. I guess it feels good to have warm feet! Cannon is always taking them off. I find little tiny socks on the floor multiple times a day. He always has an explanation like, " I took them off so I could do this little piggy" or I hear him sing songing ( yes , I know this is not a real word) , " tiny toes, tiny toes, I love tiny toes" and I know the socks are off. He will come into the room and ask if I put socks on her. The answer is always yes and he proceeds to take the socks off. He tickles her toes and he kisses her toes and he talks about how cute her tiny toes are and he does this little piggy. Sometimes he just takes the socks off, throws them and runs away. I found a little sock just a few minutes ago. Cannon is in bed so it must have been a run by de-socking. That is when the song left Sock Thievers came into my head. I looked and it was the left sock!

For everyone other than Tam and Sheila, we had a Dr. Seuss Songs tape when we were young with a song called Left Sock Thievers. I can not remember all the words, just the part that says left sock thievers are coming into town, and don't ever let them catch you... with your left sock down!

3 comments:

Laura said...

This post is adorable! Sounds like your little girls is getting plenty of loving and songing too!

Tam said...

They reach around dark corners when you stroll about at night.
Then, woosh! There goes your left sock. And you're left there with your right!

And when the left sock thievers make a left sock theft, you'll be feeling kind of foolish
with your right sock left!

Anonymous said...

That is cute Danae!