Saturday, May 4, 2013

Prom tonight

Tonight is the Prom. So far it has cost me $400. Yep, for a date. For my 16 year old. He will have to pay me back for the corsage ($50!!!) and the tickets, $80. He is excited and his date is a super good and cute girl in our ward. We picked up his tux last night and he got his hair cut. They are taking pictures at 5:00, dinner at 6:30, dance for a while, bowling and then heading to one boys house for food and fun. Maddie has a 1:00 curfew so I told Madsen that his curfew is however many minutes later it takes him to get home from dropping her off, which is about 7. I hope they have a fun time and that Maddie will still like Madsen at church on Sunday! I will post pictures when we have them. And, for the record, I am going to learn how to make corsages and boutonnieres over the summer. That way for the dances next year I can make them for any kid that wants me to and save them a ton of money.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Prom. 17 years old. $400!!??? Every time Nicco "dances" to the Doctor Who theme song I picture him 17 years old at the prom and I hope he's the funny guy that everyone wants to be around, not the weirdo that everyone laughs at.

missykac said...

So glad he's enjoying this time in his life. You are a wonderful Mom to help him out with all the details (and the funds)! Anxious to see the professional pictures and hear how Sunday went. A pat on the back for you and Matt. What a great young man he is!!! Oh, and he cleans up nicely!!

Winters Wonderland said...

Whew. This is what I have to look forward too. :);) They all looked so great!!