Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cannon's Baptism

 
 
Cannon was baptized on September 1, 2012.

This was a good day! He was so excited to be baptized. He was happy that Grandpa and Grandma Madsen made the trip out here to  join us. He was the only child in the stake being baptized so we got to plan the entire program. I think it turned out just right. Sullivan gave the talk on baptism and Madsen gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. He did cheat a little because he procrastinated and I finally gave in and found a talk I had given at Declan's baptism and let him change it just a little. Declan gave the closing prayer.  We sang I Lived in Heaven , which is Cannon's favorite Primary song.  Matt baptized and confirmed him. Because Madsen is now a Priest, he got to be a witness,  along with my dad. I thought that was pretty neat. Oh how I wish I could have taken a picture of Cannon as he entered the font. His face was beaming. He came down the steps and looked out at us with the biggest smile on his face. It melted my heart. Waverly went right up by the font to watch and as she came back she exclaimed, "that was awesome!" She was right.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Congratulations Cannon and family! What an exciting event. That's great that all the boys/men in your family got to participate. Did the girls just get to be the audience and say AWESOME!? Thanks for sharing your special occasions with us.

missykac said...

I love reading and seeing pictures about your "special" family experiences. Cannon does look extremely happy! He is a very lucky child to have such a supportive family and the gospel in his life!