We are down to just a few more days in this house. It is kind of bitter sweet. I have been wanting out of this house for several years. Praying desperately for this to happen. We were so excited to have the house sell. I kept thinking the excitement over it would erase the hard work. I was wrong. It is hard work packing up a house for a family of seven. We spent all day Saturday cleaning out and packing up the garage. We are storing stuff in the basement of a friends house so we made several trips with the van and their truck loaded up. The garage is all away. Today the boys helped move all the stuff from the attic to the garage and then we made 2 van loaded up trips to the basement. It is pretty impressive how much I can get in the van. My goal for the week is to have everything we plan to store in the basement IN the basement and all the other stuff we will take to the rental boxed up. We can start moving to the rental on the 26 so the 27th will be big moving day and then we will clean the empty house on the 28th with the closing to happen on the 29th. And that is it.
Eight years in this house. Way longer than we thought it would be. We have been very happy here. I am so glad we are not moving far away. We brought two babies home to this house. My boys have gone from little boys (Madsen turned 8 here, Sully was 6, Declan 3) to fine young men. We have had a lot of fun in the cul-de-sac and big back yard. We have really great neighbors. There are a lot of memories wrapped up in this little house. We were so excited to buy it. It seemed so big and nice and new. Now it seems so small and old. I hope the new people are as excited as we were.
Now we will live in the house of some friends for a few months while the real house is being built. We are so grateful for their kindness. I so look forward to my new house. It is a nice house, more than I ever really thought I would get to have but everything I have hoped for. It will be nice to have a little breathing room. We will get used to no cul-de-sac and neighbors all around. We will have new adventures and new memories in the new house. But NO new babies! We will watch the kids grow up and leave home. I hope it is the last house I ever buy.
The boys are being such good helpers. It is not fun. The boxes are heavy. It is hot outside. They do not like to wash walls and baseboards and windows. I like having my own personal cleaning and moving crew. It will take all of us to make this happen. I will be glad when it is finished and we can rest for a little while. Then we get to do it all over again!
kind of sorry for the long post. I guess I was just writing all the things in my head down. You did not have to read it all!
3 comments:
Congrats on selling your house and I'm glad you have some big strong sons to help you move. I am so excited for you. You mentioned living at some Friends' house. Is the house empty or will you be sharing it with them? I didn't know you had a basement in your current house. We have never had a basement and I always wished we did.
the friends are moving out and letting us rent the house until the new one is built. We do not have a basement in this house or the new one, it costs $50,000 more for an unfinished basement and it has to be on the just right lot which usually has a lot premium. We have another friend with a huge unfinished basement, they are letting us store our stuff there.
Congratulations on selling your "old" house and having your own cleaning and moving crew. Good job boys!! Hope you can meet all the deadlines and the "new" house builders do the same thing.
New houses are fun! What's this about no more new babies? Just wait they'll be coming to visit before you know it. Enjoy your wonderful and helpful family. You deserve it!
Post a Comment