Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Grateful Bummer

I have decided I should be grateful that the hurricane was such a bummer. The sky had lots of cool looking dark clouds Friday and Saturday. It rained a very little bit. The wind blew, sometimes pretty hard. One of our patio chairs fell over. Yep, the extent of the damage! We did not lose power or have any trees fall or our yard even pretend to flood. There were people around us that lost power for a while and some trees fell, but the Triangle was not in trouble. I have not watched the news to see what happened on the coast, but I know there was some actual damage out there. Some piers were toppled, some business and houses damaged, some power out. But, as the storm was downgraded to a category 1 from a category 4, the damage was much less than anticipated and for that we are grateful. Even though I was really looking forward to a good storm!

2 comments:

Di said...

I wouldn't ever want actual damage, but when they are talking up the drama, I want the drama by golly! Oh well, at least no worse damage than the chair dumping over.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys were saved any damage. Come on out to Kansas sometime, we've got some great storms out here!