Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dentists

We have been going through the dental appointment fun that happens every six months. I get dentist anxiety, mostly about the kids. Cannon was fine, Madsen, as usual, needs fillings and was told he needs to do a better job taking care of his teeth. He makes me batty. I told him this is the last free filling. Any more and he is paying. I don't know how to motivate the boy! I even made him watch a show that had real live people without teeth. Irritating, I tell you! Declan and Sullivan go next week. I know Dec has some problems that I am worried about. He has one tooth, that at some point is going to have to get a crown. Sully's teeth are fine, just crooked. Last time Dr. Garcia told me it was time for braces. So I am sure when we go in and he does not have braces he will harass me. I guess I need to get it done. Dr. Garcia's wife is an orthodontist in our town. He always refers me to her. My problem is that our friend who is a dentist, does not recommend her. Although I do not go to Mike as my dentist, I kind of trust his opinion in this matter a little more. I guess I should ask Mike who he does recommend. Today was my turn. I struggle with x-rays and all the tools in my mouth. It is a trial not to vomit on hygienists! I had a harder time today than usual. I could not wait to get out of that chair. My jaw is screwed up and every time I go, my dentist freaks out about it, asks how long it has been like that, and if it bothers me. I don't know what it would take to fix it, not really all that interested at the moment. I am glad that my turn is over and no real problems with my teeth. Just one more day of appointments and we are good for another 6 months!

3 comments:

Tam said...

I had major dentist anxiety before my first appointment since moving to Arizona... which was actually my first appointment since I was on mom and dad's insurance. Our dentist and his staff are super awesome. They compliment my teeth and my diligence in caring for them (pfft) and said that Nicco has the nicest 5 year old teeth they've ever seen. They swear it is no lie, but whatever. Anyway, so far, we actually look forward to going to the dentist here!

Becky and Ben said...

I love going to the dentist (I know I'm a freak.) I love having my teeth feel clean. However, I go to a different dentist than my kids, so there are always multiple trips to the dentist which I find utterly annoying. I can't even imagine doing it with 5 kids. You are such a supermom!

Mom and Dad said...

My recent trip to the dentist involved a root canal, a bridge, two crowns and a whole lot of dollars. I received 5, yes, 5! Novocain injections and the day after, I had a giant bruise- 2 x 3 inches on my lower jaw. Your dad said we couldn't go out in public or he would be arrested. Now itis his turn and I will just get my teeth cleaned in March!