Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cars II

I got my van back tonight! I have been driving the Saturn for the last week which has been an adventure! We bought the Saturn in April, 1995 just before Matt graduated from BYU, we had been married for about 4 months. I was so excited to have that car, I could actually drive again and it started right up when we turned the key! For a while it was the only car, then it was the nice car, then it was the old car and now it is the spare car. It has 172,000 miles on it, no air conditioning, no power locks, no power windows and a cassette stereo,that by the way, does not work and it is a stick! I feel like I am sitting on the ground driving that little car. It is funny to have to roll up windows. The lack of air conditioning is the worst part right now. I had sweat running down my face while driving. But, I have been so grateful to have it this week, and it still starts up when I turn the key. Madsen will be grateful to have that car next year when he turns 16.

My van has a newly rebuilt transmission that should last us for as long as we want it to. It has air conditioning! And driving it home I felt really big again. We bought the van just before Declan was born because we could not fit 3 car seats in the Saturn. Matt was in graduate school. I was so excited to have that car. I love my car. I am so happy to have it back and I look forward to driving it for 5 more years, for reals this time!

No comments: