Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First day of School

We woke up early and got a move on it. The guys did a great job getting ready, if only it would be like this every day! They could sleep for another 20 minutes!

Madsen had to be ready by 6:50 so he was up first, even made his own lunch, much to his dismay. He rode with our neighbor boy. As he was ready to head out the door he looked like a scared little boy. I gave him a hug and told him to be of good courage. He had tears in his eyes. Oh how I hope it all went ok! I can't believe he is in high school!

The others were off with no problems. Buses came and went. Sully's was late, like he expected so I guess tomorrow he won't leave the house so early.

It has been so quiet at home today. Little Wave just does not make as much noise as all the brothers. She did miss them. She pointed at Cannon's blanket that he left on his kitchen chair, and said, "Boy?" Yes, my dear, all the boys are gone.

I kind of miss them in a weird way. Then again, not that much!

I hope they have a good year. I hope they make friends. I hope they learn. I hope they grow. I hope they do well in their classes. I hope they have fun.
I hope, I hope, I hope!

6 comments:

Tam said...

So....which episode of Lost are you watching now?

Di said...

How did it go? Did they have a good day and survive happy and well?

Danae said...

I actually did not have time to watch! I talked to Sheila for a long time! Matt just saw Ana Lucia kill Shannon...

The day went well. They all said it will be a good year. Madsen said he felt short. I have a ton of papers to sign...

Sheila said...

I am normally more than happy to send them off but this year I pretty much wanted to gather them all up and force them to stay home where it is safe and people are nice and then go up to my room and curl up and cry because my kids are big and it is scary and I don't want them to have to do hard things. But I didn't. I am glad everyone survived and I am sorry I distracted you from your lost watching.

Danae said...

you did not distract me from my lost watching, I have not Lost to watch!

Danae said...

no, I mean.