Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A day at the beach

 

 

 

 

What is a trip to North Carolina without a trip to the beach? This time we went to Carolina beach. Waverly threw up about 15 minutes into the drive. It was great! The weather was just perfect, the water was freezing, but that did not stop the boys from enjoying the ocean. They played in the water, the sand and the flew kites. Cannon really liked the kite. He was flying it and said, "I am a really good fly kiter!" made us giggle. Madsen, Declan and Cannon were buried in the sand for a while. They said it was nice and warm. I could not stand that, between claustrophobia and sand-aphobia, I would be miserable! The adults enjoyed sitting on the beach watching the kids and listening to the ocean and dipping our toes in the water. Waverly was perfectly content as long as she was on someones lap. She did not want anythig to do with sand or water. I took her to the water and she screamed and held her little legs up. She did not like the sand either. She would keep her feet off the ground even when she was sitting on a towel. I imagine she will learn to like the beach and ocean some day. After several hours in the sun we headed home. We got dinner at Hardee's, the Carolina beach tradition. The kids crashed out in the cars for the majority of the ride. Waverly threw up again, about 10 minutes from home. The poor girl just does not do well in long car rides. We made it home with lots of sand and sun. Arms and faces and feet were a little burned, but it was worth it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I love the picture of all the kids on the beach towel. How fun!

missykac said...

I agree with Dianne. You should enter that picture in a contest!
It looks like you had a very fun time. I guess it's the Cheever girls that throw up on car trips
(so I've heard). We got over it though.