Tuesday night was a little crazy. I knew it would be. Here was the plan: Sully went home with a friend so they could work on Exhibition, I would pick him up after the track meet to get him to his 6:00 soccer practice; Declan and Cannon came to the track meet with me, Matt came to the track meet to pick Declan up to take him to his 6:00 soccer practice. Note: 3 places all at the same time. We figured we could pull this off and someone might be a little late to soccer. The track meet took forever because they were so slow between races. The track was as far away from the school as it could possibly be, really, I had to walk on a paved path through the forest to get to it! Declan wondered around the path between parents with us calling each other saying do you have Declan? Finally make it to the parking lot with all the kids, throwing them in cars and heading in our separate directions. One problem- Declan got my keys to unlock the van to get his soccer stuff ( they were at one point in front of me on the path) he handed me keys, got in Matt's car and off they went. I got in my car looked at the keys and I have Toyota keys and a Honda car. Not going to work. Matt only carries his key because the Honda key and buttons plus his Toyata key/buttons, are too big and bulky to put in his pocket. I have both keys on my key chain because I just throw them in a bag and go. Matt had probably been driving for 1 minute when I discovered this and began calling his cell phone to kindly tell him to turn around and give me my keys. NO ANSWER, for 10 minutes! Really, what is the point of a cell phone if you do not answer it? So, here I am stuck in a parking lot with 3 hungry tired kids and the fourth stuck at soemone else's house wondering when I will pick him up to go to soccer. When Matt finally answered his phone and discovered the problem, he was probably almost to Declan's practice. So he came and handed me my keys. Now it is about 6:30 and we are about 20 minutes away from any soccer field and practice ends at 7:00. No point in going to soccer! I get Sully and we all meet up at home. I told my group of kids that there was no point in being angry. It was all an accident and nothing can be changed. A bad case of trying to do too much at once. My sweet neighbor had made us dinner because she knew we had a crazy schedule. The boys were glad because they did not want to eat the yummy spinach/chicken/pasta salad I had made the night before- again. No one went to soccer, it was a big pain in the rear and accomplished nothing. I should have just said we will not make it to soccer tonight and had a pleasant evening at the track meet. Oh well... come what may and love it!
By the way, I found the spare key to the van and it is now in my purse, just in case!
Feb-May 2026
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment